August 26, 2016
Dear Parents and Guardians:
The start of school has been very exciting! It has been great getting acclimated to my new environment and meeting Highland Oaks students and families. It was wonderful to see so many students smiling as they arrived the first day of school. I have been spending a lot of time visiting classrooms and I am happy to share that the children are happy and busy at work in every room. In addition, I have been spending time with students in the cafeteria during lunchtime which is a great way to get to know them better.
Arrival and Dismissal Reminders:
- Starting Monday, August 29, 2016, all students need to be dropped off at the drive-through sidewalk or at the front gate. Staff will make sure they get to their classroom safely.
- Please follow arrival and dismissal procedures by pulling all the way up as you arrive in the front of the school to drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon.
- During dismissal time, students in grades 1-5 will be sitting with their grade level. You will notice cones with grade level signs. If you are looking for your child during dismissal, they will be sitting behind their grade level cone.
- Please keep in mind that there is supervision at the school beginning at 7:45 a.m. Please feel free to drop your child off starting at 7:45 a.m. if you wish. When they arrive, they should proceed to the pavilion area.
- Students must enter through the front gate near the office in the morning. All other gates will be closed and locked. If your child is riding his/her bike to school, they can lock their bike up at the bike rack and walk to the front gate to enter the building.
- The start of school bell is rung at 8:20 a.m. Please make sure your child arrives to school by 8:20. If they arrive to school after 8:20, they must stop in the office to get a pass.
- Dismissal time is at 2:35. Please make sure to pick up your child on-time each day. If you have an emergency and you are running late, please call the office at 626-821-8354.
~ please turn over ~
See below for Early Dismissal Days. Check our district calendar for Collaboration and Minimum Days. Please be sure to make arrangements to ensure your child is picked up on time.
- Early Dismissal Days Every Wednesday 1:20 (Lunch Will Be Eaten At School)
- Collaboration Days See District Calendar 11:40 (No Lunch)
- Minimum Days See District Calendar 12:35 (No Lunch)
- Two additional minimum days may be scheduled during the school year that are not on the District Calendar. Notices will be posted on Peachjar and the calendar on our website. Paper copies will not be sent home.
School calendars and other important information may be found on Highland Oaks’ website, www.ho.ausd.net, or Arcadia Unified’s website, www.ausd.net. Notices from the office, district, and community are posted on Peachjar. You may access the site by clicking on the icon which is located on the left margin of our school’s website.
As I begin my first year as Principal of Highland Oaks School, I feel so fortunate to work with such a wonderful staff, magnificent students, and very supportive families. I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!